|The Illinois Physical Therapy
Association encourages student members to participate in statewide and
national events that promote professional development and leadership
The Student Member Support Task force was
formed by the IPTA Board of Directors in October 2013 for the purpose of
creating a plan for providing financial support to student PT and
student PTA members of the IPTA for attending statewide and national
meetings. Applications for financial sponsorship are now being accepted
to help subsidize travel and registration expenses for meetings hosted
by the IPTA/APTA. Request are considered up to a pre determined amount
and can only be used solely for the purpose of registration, travel,
lodging, meals and prior approved expenses. Reimbursements may be
restricted to allowable costs and is per IPTA Financial Policy.
- Applicants must be an IPTA student PT or student PTA members and in good standing with the APTA/IPTA.
- Applicants must be in good academic standing and currently enrolled in an PT/PTA program.
- Applicants may receive no more than one sponsorship from the IPTA within one calendar year.
- Applicants must be submitted electronically prior to the deadline specified below.
Application & Selection Process:
Support funding is awarded at various times throughout the year when
the APTA/IPTA host events. Support will be given to several SPT and SPTA
members to attend each of APTAs annual events ( House of Delegates/
NEXT Conference, Combined Sections Meeting, National Student Conclave,
and Federal Advocacy Forum).
- Applicants must submit an
electronic application prior to the deadline specified below. All
applications must be completed including the most accurate and detailed
- Applications received after the deadline or incomplete will not be considered.
completed applications received by the deadline are blinded and
independently reviewed by a panel of three reviewers (two members of the
IPTA and one Chapter staff member). Depending on the number of
applications received and funding available, support for each meeting
will be provided to SPT and SPTA students on a competitive
basis and to encourage student participation in professional association activities. The total amount of funding awarded towards student support is determined in the annual budget with approval from the Chapter's Board of Directors. The Chapter's Executive Director is responsible for managing distribution.
- A member of the review panel will notify the recipients
of sponsorship they have been awarded funding and to what amount by notification to the email address you provided in your
application. Those applicants that were not selected will also be
- If selected to receive funding, you must complete the following steps:
- Confirmation of sponsorship email.
- Following the event, submit all receipts (totaling only up to the amount of pre-determined sponsorship) to the Chapter Office by mail (905 N. Main Street, Naperville, IL 60563); fax at (630) 904-0102, or by email at email@example.com. Receipts are due no later than 20 days following the event.
- Submit a 200 word report/or brief video about their experience for IPTA publications/website.
- The Chapter Office once receives your receipts (verifying funds were used for registration, travel, lodging, or meals, and attendance during the event), a reimbursement check will be processed and sent to the mailing address provided in the application.
the event that the meeting gets canceled or the recipient is unable to
attending - the recipient will not be awarded any funding.
- Funding can be requested in advance of meeting with approval from the Chapter's Executive Director. Requests can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students that have received sponsorship have submitted reports based on their experiences. Check out the reports collected from students sponsored to attend national and local conferences!
2014 National Student Conclave (Milwaukee, WI)
2015 Combined Sections Meeting (Indianapolis, IN)
2015 APTA NEXT Conference & Expo, PT Day on Capitol Hill (National Harbor, MD)
2015 National Student Conclave (Omaha, NE)
2016 Combined Sections Meeting (Anaheim, CA)
2016 National Student Conclave (Miami, FL)
2017 Combined Sections Meeting (San Antonio, TX)
Click here to continue to online application.
||Deadline for Applications
||Notification to Recipients
National Student Conclave
(October 27 -29, 2016)
|August 12, 2016
|September 16, 2016
|| September 26, 2016
|San Antonio, Texas
|November 1, 2016
||November 18, 2016
|| December 2, 2016
|April 3, 2017
||April 17, 2017
||April 28, 2017