The Illinois Physical Therapy Association (IPTA) supports:
Professional advancement, by:
the ability of physical therapists and physical therapist assistants to
practice within the parameters of the Illinois Physical Therapy Act;
- preventing the encroachment of professional physical therapy practice by non-licensed and other licensed professions;
- supporting education and research that advance the skills of physical therapy practitioners; and
- continue to promote physical therapy as a doctoral level health care professions.
Economic and employment rights, through advocating for:
- inclusion of physical therapy services in all health care plans;
- fair and equitable payment for services rendered;
- the health and safety of workers in all employment settings; and
- elimination of fee splitting between physical therapists and referring practitioners.
Access to quality care, through advocating for:
- consumer's access to health care and choice of health care provider;
- direct access to physical therapy; and
- reduction of health care costs without compromising quality of care.
Health and wellness, through:
- promotion of fitness, health, and wellness in the community, school systems, workplace, and health care institutions.