Why Join the IPTA (APTA)?
In this era of disruptive change in healthcare, it has become increasingly important for physical therapists to stay informed of legislative and other issues impacting the practice of physical therapy. Equally important is that physical therapists have a voice in both national and state-level healthcare debates concerning issues affecting the future of physical therapy.
When you are a member, APTA and IPTA function as your advocates and work everyday to protect your right to practice, ensure fair billing, and eliminate barriers preventing people from accessing the benefits of physical therapy.
The combined forces of the American Physical Therapy Association and the Illinois Physical Therapy Association support and enhance the practice of physical therapy, both nationally and locally.
In general, APTA membership provides:
- National advocacy efforts
- National support and promotion of the physical therapy profession
- Raising consumer awareness of the benefits of physical therapy
- Clinical and practice resources to strengthen your expertise
- Career development and training opportunities
- Information on the latest trends and hot topics in PT
- Discounts on national conferences, free courses and insurance savings
- Reduced membership dues for early career (APTA’s Starter Dues program)
For more specific information on the value of APTA membership, click here.
Local perspectives are as important as the national scope, since the state you practice in regulates your services as a therapist or assistant. The IPTA is focused on member needs here in Illinois.
Your IPTA benefits include:
To join APTA and IPTA now, click here.
- Professional advocacy in Springfield on practice critical issues
- Membership in a professional network of more than 3,500 members
- Access to a full time, professionally staffed chapter office in Naperville, Illinois
- Informative e-newsletters to keep you informed of PT news
- 24/7 Access to our public and members-only web content
- Additional district-level local support
- FREE CE Opportunities (see the DO THE MATH section)
- Opportunities for leadership development
- CE Tracker and CE Search
- Recruitment and career opportunities through our career center and job search
- iMAP, our mentorship program to aid in professional development
- Reduced membership dues for early career (IPTA’s Starter Dues program)
- Student support through funding opportunities to participate in national and state activities as well as a dynamic Student Special Interest Group (SSIG)
DO THE MATH!
In free CE opportunities alone,
your APTA/IPTA membership pays for itself!
During the course of one year, you can earn up to 20 hours in FREE CE through IPTA’s monthly #THIRDTHURSDAY events (virtual or live attendance) PLUS an additional 10 hours in FREE CE through virtual attendance at our monthly research webinars.
In addition, APTA offers FREE CE live and on demand webinars through the APTA Learning Center.
With the cost of CE courses ranging from $35-$100 per credit hour, 30 hours of FREE CE would cover the cost of your membership!