Imagine that you've worked hard and saved enough money to buy a
$100,000 car. A year after you buy the car, you're in an accident and
the car is totaled. Oops... you forgot to buy insurance to cover your
car! You're out 100 grand. Bet you wish you had insurance on your
Unimaginable? Probably. But that's just what many physical therapists
and assistants do when they opt out of joining the American Physical
Therapy Association (APTA) and the
Illinois Physical Therapy Association (IPTA). Just like an expensive
car, your education cost you time and money, and lots of it. One way to
protect that investment is to be a member of YOUR professional
Without APTA and IPTA, who will protect your practice, your
income, and your ability to be a professional in Illinois? We think you
know the answer.
Of course, protecting your profession and your income is not the only
benefit of membership. The APTA provides services and benefits geared
at a national focus including:
- Advocating for you and your patients in Washington
- Getting adequate insurance reimbursement for your services
- Raising consumer awareness
- Helping you strengthen your expertise
Local perspectives are as important as the national scope, since the
state you practice in regulates what you can do as a therapist or
assistant. The IPTA is focused on member needs here in Illinois. We
bring you information and opportunities that aren't feasible for APTA to
We advocate for you and your patients with state government
officials and other local groups.
We're here for our members when they
need information and advice.
We provide outstanding opportunities for
We are our members' link to their next career step.
Protect your investment in your profession and your career. Join today!
Benefits of Membership
The combined forces of the American Physical Therapy Association
and the Illinois Physical Therapy Association support and enhance the
practice of physical therapy, both nationally and locally. We serve you
For more specific information on the value of APTA membership, click here.
- Protecting your Future
- Gaining Recognition for and Advancing the Profession
- Keeping you Informed about the Trends and Hot Topics in PT
- Providing Answers to Your PT Questions
- Helping you Strengthen Your Expertise
- Providing Opportunities to Advance Your Career
- Providing ways to Gain Recognition for Your Clinical Experience
- Providing meaningful networking opportunities
Your membership in the Illinois Physical Therapy Association (IPTA)
provides invaluable benefits and the state and local level. IPTA works
on behalf of the physical therapy profession every day. Your IPTA
- A network of over 3,500 members and growing
- A full time, professionally staffed office in Naperville, Illinois to serve you
- Professional advocacy in Springfield on practice critical issues
- Periodic e-newsletters to keep you connected
- Access to our public and members only web content 24/7
- Eight districts serving your needs at the local level
- Educational programming for all experience levels at substantial savings
- Opportunities for leadership development
- CE Tracker and CE Search
- Enhanced career center and job search
Career Starter Dues
As of the fall of 2014, the Illinois Physical Therapy Association (IPTA) has joined the American Physical Therapy Association's Career Starter Dues program. The program was developed in the spring of 2014 to support early career members as they transition from student membership into full membership by drastically discounting their membership dues for recent graduates (from 2010 and later). To learn more about about the program and whether or not you qualify, please visit us at our Career Starter Dues page here.
To join APTA and IPTA now, click here.