Join Now! Make a difference for your career, your future, and your patients.
Imagine that you've worked hard and saved enough money to buy a $100,000 car. A year after you buy the car, you're in an accident and the car is totaled. Oops... you forgot to buy insurance to cover your car! You're out 100 grand. Bet you wish you had insurance on your investment.
Unimaginable? Probably. But that's just what many physical therapists and assistants do when they opt out of joining the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) and the Illinois Physical Therapy Association (IPTA). Just like an expensive car, your education cost you time and money, and lots of it. One way to protect that investment is to be a member of YOUR professional association. Without APTA and IPTA, who will protect your practice, your income, and your ability to be a professional in Illinois? We think you know the answer.
Of course, protecting your profession and your income is not the only benefit of membership. The APTA provides services and benefits geared at a national focus including:
- Advocating for you and your patients in Washington, DC
- Getting adequate insurance reimbursement for your services
- Raising consumer awareness
- Helping you strengthen your expertise
- Providing mentors
Local perspectives are as important as the national scope, since the state you practice in regulates what you can do as a therapist or assistant. The IPTA is focused on member needs here in Illinois. We bring you information and opportunities that aren't feasible for APTA to offer. We advocate for you and your patients with state government officials and other local groups. We're here for our members when they need information and advice, we provide outstanding opportunities for lifelong learning, and are our members' link to their next career step.
Protect your investment in your profession and your career. Join today
Benefits of Membership
The combined forces of the American Physical Therapy Association and the Illinois Physical Therapy Association support and enhance the practice of physical therapy, both nationally and locally. We serve you by:
- Protecting your Future
- Gaining Recognition for and Advancing the Profession
- Keeping you Informed about the Trends and Hot Topics in PT
- Providing Answers to Your PT Questions
- Helping you Strengthen Your Expertise
- Providing Opportunities to Advance Your Career
- Providing ways to Gain Recognition for Your Clinical Experience
- Providing meaningful networking opportunities
For more specific information on the value of APTA membership, click here
Your membership in the Illinois Physical Therapy Association (IPTA) provides invaluable benefits and the state and local level. IPTA works on behalf of the physical therapy profession every day. Your IPTA benefits include:
- A network of 3,000 members and growing
- A full time, professionally staffed office in Naperville, Illinois to serve you
- Professional advocacy in Springfield on practice critical issues for both PTs and PTAs
- A subscription to PT Priority, our bimonthly newsletter
- Access to our public and members only web content 24/7
- Eight districts serving your needs at the local level
- Educational programming for all experience levels at substantial savings
- Opportunities for leadership development
- CE Tracker and CE Search
- Enhanced career center and job search